Kevin Hofmann Offers Bookclub Promotion Packages for Growing Up Black in White, 2nd Edition
Toledo, OH – March 26, 2017 – Celebrated biracial speaker and author Kevin Hofmann shines light on race relations and transracial adoption in the 2nd edition of Growing Up Black in White –an absorbing memoir revealing his difficulties and joys growing up in a diverse family. At a time when over a third of Americans are worried a great deal about race relations1 (yet 73% of non-White adoptees become part of White families2), Hofmann’s voice has never been more relevant or necessary.
Growing Up Black in White follows Hofmann’s layered racial journey, beginning with his adoption by a White family in Detroit following the riots of 1967. His story continues through attending predominately Black schools to a mostly White Midwest college to a father raising young Black men. Throughout the book, Hofmann intersperses his life lessons with humor and plenty of hope.
The 2nd edition features new insights from Hofmann including:
- Insights and strategies for raising children of color
- The importance of honoring birth parents
- Do’s and don’ts of adoption search and reunion
- What a person of color should and shouldn’t do when stopped by law enforcement
“As a transracial adoptee and Black father, offering real world (sometimes lifesaving) advice for raising children of color was a must. I can’t think of a better legacy than providing strategies to help our children not only survive but thrive in the racially charged situations that are in the fabric of our headlines and our lives,” noted Hofmann.
Hofmann is celebrating the 2nd edition of Growing Up Black in White with a series of limited time promotions for book clubs to bring his story to life.
- My Story Package– Personally autographed book for club members ($20/person, 10+members, one location shipping)
- My Story Plus Package– Personally autographed book for club member & Hofmann joins your club gathering for an hour-long video conference to discuss the book and answer questions ($30/person, 10+members, one location shipping)
- My Story Premium Package– Personally autographed book for each club member along with two rounds of Q/A emails while members read the book & Hofmann joins your club gathering for an hour-long video conference to discuss the book and answer questions ($40/person, 10+members, one location shipping)
- Gallup Poll, U.S. Worries About Race Relations Reach a New High, http://www.gallup.com/poll/190574/worries-race-relations-reach-new-high.aspx
- Rainbow Kids, Transracial/Interracial Adoption: Facts, Tips, & Statistics You Should Know, http://www.rainbowkids.com/adoption-stories/transracial-interracial-adoption-facts-tips-statistics-you-should-know-1828